Date : 21st March 2015



Opposition : Tweedmouth Amateurs



Competition : Forsyth Cup



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Martin Todd Goalkeeper 7
2 Ryan Purves Right Back 8
3 Paul Blacklock Left Back 8
4 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 8
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 8
6 Joe Condy Centre Midfield 7
7 Daniel Pattenden Centre Midfield 7
8 Robbie Armstrong Right Wing 8
9 Connor Lough Striker 7
10 Graham Kelly Striker 8
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 8





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Chris Cowe . .
14 . . .
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 3 - 2



Scorers : Graham Kelly (2), Adam Smith



Assists : Joe Condy, Paul Blacklock, Robbie Armstrong



Bookings : 1



Sendings off : 0






21 March, 2015


Forsyth Cup


Chirnside United 3 – Tweedmouth Amateurs 2


With just 11 players available for this cup due to illness and work commitments this was going to be a tough afternoon for Chirnside against a Tweedmouth side which has never been beaten so far in their league and it proved just that with the game going all the way into extra time.


Tweedmouth took the lead after 20 minutes after a poor throw in from Purves allowed the centre midfielder a shot from 18 yards which was going well wide until it took a deflection from Stevie Christie and ended up in the net. Chirnside got back on level terms with Daniel Pattenden and Robbie Armstrong linking up well in mid field to send in Joe Condy to square the ball across goal for Graham Kelly to tap in from 5 yards.


Adam Smith and Daniel Pattenden both had chances to put Chirnside in front but on both occasions the Keeper saved their efforts. Tweedmouth took the lead just before half time after Morrison cleared the initial corner and then followed up with a further block only for the break of the ball to land at the Tweedmouth striker to stab the ball over the line.


Early in the second half two great runs from midfield by Daniel Pattenden opened up the well organised Tweedmouth defence but their Keeper pulled off two fine saves. Adam Smith hit the underside of the bar from a header from an inch perfect cross from Robbie Armstrong. The same two players linked up again 5 minutes later from another perfect cross and this time Smith’s header cannoned off the inside of the post and was cleared.


With 10 minutes left it was third time lucky for Smith after he latched onto another cross from Armstrong to fire in an unstoppable shot from 12 yards to take the game into extra time.


Within the first minute of extra time Graham Kelly got his second goal of the game after he scored with a great looping header from 10 yards from yet another cross from Armstrong to make the score 3 – 2 with 15 minutes to go. Joe Condy’s run into the box was brought to an abrupt halt when he was brought down and awarded a penalty from which he brushed himself down to take the penalty and missed to keep the game on a knife edge right up to the final whistle.






Photographs once again provided by Mark Kinghorn of MK Photography.