Date : 7th March 2015



Opposition : Greenlaw



Competition : Waddell Cup



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Lugget Goalkeeper 6
2 Dan Romaines Right Back 6
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 6
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 6
6 Daniel Pattenden Centre Midfield 6
7 Joe Condy Centre Midfield 6
8 Kev Strachan Right Wing 5
9 Keir Blaikie Striker 6
10 Connor Lough Striker 6
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Graham Kelly on for K.Blaikie 70 mins 5
14 Paul Blacklock on for C.Lough 70 mins 5
15 Robbie Armstrong on for K.Strachan 45 mins 5
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 0 - 2



Scorers : None



Assists : None



Bookings : 2



Sendings off : 0






This is a game Chirnside dominated from start to finish but once again failed to break down an organised Greenlaw 11 who took their two chances of the game.


From the first whistle Chirnside were on the front foot buoyed by wind on their backs. The midfield of Smith, Pattenden, Condy and Strachan were having ample possession but struggling to play any meaningful ball through the Greenlaw defence. The first real chance of the game saw Greenlaw break from defending a corner and a mix up between Stobie and Pattenden saw the Greenlaw striker break free to shoot on goal but he pulled his shot wide of the target. Blaikie then went close but he saw his shot slip past the goals. Chirnside continued to press for a goal but Strachan and Smith failed to capitalise on good chances when cutting in from the flanks.


Against the run of play Greenlaw took the lead when some slack play by Condy and Pattenden in front of their own box saw Greenlaw get a break of the ball and the midfielder escape a couple of tackles before putting the ball past Lugget off the back post.


Chirnside didn't let this affect their play and continued to press Greenlaw but despite their pressure failed to create any clear cut chances.


The second half began as the first had finished with Chirnside having ample possesion. Greenlaw very rarely threatened but then again against the run of play some poor play from Armstrong saw him lose the ball in a dangerous position which saw the Greenlaw striker shoot from distance and saw his shot creep into the near post where Lugget should of done better in the Chirnside goal.


With 20 minutes left Chirnside made some subs as they pushed to get back in the game and the chances they had been looking for all game began to arrive. The first real chance saw some good play release Pattenden into the box but the youngster saw the keeper make a good point blank save. Next up Romaines saw his header go just past the post after a good cross from Armstrong.


Pattenden then had another great chance to score but once again an excellent save by the Greenlaw keeper saw the ball just drift past the post. Romaines then had a half chance to score but he couldn't get any power in his snap shot.


Greenlaw held on to progress to the next round of the cup.