Date : 28th February 2015



Opposition : Jed Legion



Competition : Beverdige Cup



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Martin Todd Goalkeeper 7
2 Ryan Purves Right Back 8
3 Davie Lough Left Back 8
4 Jamie Stobie Centre Half 8
5 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 8
6 Joe Condy Centre Midfield 8
7 Daniel Pattenden Centre Midfield 8
8 Kev Strachan Right Wing 7
9 Connor Lough Striker 8
10 Keir Blaikie Striker 8
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 8





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Nathan Pollock on second half 4
14 . . .
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 4 - 2



Scorers : Joe Condy, Connor Lough, Keir Blaikie, Adam Smith



Assists : Adam Smith (2), Daniel Pattenden, Keir Blaikie



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






This was a typical cup tie game with both teams going for the win straight from the kick off and as in the previous two occasions when these two teams have met this season there were goals a-plenty. Jed took the lead after 10 minutes when Jamie Stobie was adjudged to impede the run of the striker in the box and the Referee blew for a penalty from which they scored. Chirnside drew level 10 minutes later from a delicate chip into the box from Adam Smith to find the head of Keir Blaikie from which the Keeper did well to save and palm it back out only for Joe Condy to side foot the ball into the net. Chirnside Keeper Martin Todd pulled off a great save to stop an own goal after Daniel Pattenden sliced his clearance which was heading for the top corner of the net before Todd somehow got his hand to it. Ryan Purves played Adam Smith in to go one on one with the Keeper but once again the Keeper came out on top pulling off another fine save. A 30 yard strike from Keir Blaikie grazed the bar and a shot from a tight angle from Connor Lough hit the post which brought an end to the first half.


Within two minutes of the second half starting Chirnside took the lead when the Keeper couldn’t hold onto the ball from a Daniel Pattenden shot and Connor Lough pounced on the loose ball to score from a very acute angle. For the next half hour Jed put Chirnside under the cosh and should have equalised after their number 11 evaded three tackles on his run into the box only to slam his shot against the bar from 8 yards with only the Keeper to beat. A long range cross come shot was parried over the bar by Todd and some great last ditch defending from the Chirnside defence kept Jed at bay. Completely against the run of play Keir Blaikie got Chirnside’s third goal after he came out on, from which resembled a Sumo wrestling match, with his marker to curve the ball round the Keeper and into the far corner of the net. With 10 minutes to go Jed made it 3 – 2 with a strike from 18 yards which Keeper Todd let slip under his body but once again, against the run of play, Chirnside scored after Adam Smith picked the ball up on the left and cut inside his marker to release a shot from 15 yards which swerved round the Keeper into the top corner of the net to make the final score 4 – 2.