Date : 15th xxxx 2014



Opposition : Hawick Waverley



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Martin Todd Goalkeeper 7
2 Mikey Patterson Right Back 8
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 6
4 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 7
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Joe Condy Centre Midfield 6
7 Keir Blaikie Centre Midfield 6
8 Robbie Armstrong Right Wing 7
9 Adam Turner Striker 6
10 Graham Kelly Striker 7
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 7





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Connor Lough on for A.Turner 60 mins 5
14 Daniel Pattenden on for A.Smith 75 mins 5
15 Jake Lough on for J.Condy 75 mins 5
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 4 - 2



Scorers : G.Kelly, A.Smith, C.Lough, J.Lough



Assists : A.Smith, R.Armstrong (2), M.Todd



Bookings : 2



Sendings off : 0






Both teams gave their all in this bottom half of the table clash and on this performance it surely won’t be long before both teams start climbing back up the league.


A mix up in the Chirnside defence gave Waverley an early goal when Stevie Christie dived into a tackle and the striker knocked the ball past him to stroke the ball past a rather static Martin Todd in the Chirnside goal. This gave the Waverley a boost and they put the Chirnside defence under a fair bit of pressure for the next 15 minutes but they stood firm after their early mix up especially Mickey Patterson who had his best game in a Chirnside jersey so far this season.


The game flowed from end to end with both teams committed to attack but neither Keeper had to make any real saves. Chirnside got the equaliser 5 minutes from half time from a well worked move down the left hand side of the pitch resulting in Adam Smith drilling the ball across the face of the goal for Graham Kelly to slide in and knock the ball over the line.


Chirnside took the lead 10 minutes into the second half after Adam Turner played the ball back from the bye line to Robbie Armstrong to cross an inch perfect ball to the back post for Adam Smith to jump about twice his height to head in a superb goal. Waverley got back into the game from the penalty spot after Robbie Armstrong lost possession of the ball in the last third of the park allowing the Waverley number 10 to run through on goal where Duncan Morrison slid in to make the tackle from which the Referee deemed to be a penalty making the score 2 – 2 with 20 minutes to go.


This gave the Waverley a lift again and only two great saves from Martin Todd stopped them from taking the lead. Chirnside rallied again and a solo run from Graham Kelly should have brought Chirnside a penalty after he was clearly fouled in the box but the Referee awarded the free kick outside the area. A long goal kick deceived the Waverley defence and Connor Lough took full advantage of this to run through and beat the Keeper to the ball and stroke the ball through his legs into the net to make the score 3 -2.


With 10 minutes of the game left another good cross from Armstrong into the box resulted in Chirnside getting their fourth when young Jake Lough met it at the back post to hit it on the volley giving the Keeper no chance to make the final score 4 -2 to Chirnside in a very entertaining game.