Date : 4th October 2014



Opposition : Stow



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Martin Todd Goalkeeper 8
2 Ryan Purves Right Back 5
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
5 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 7
6 Joe Condy Centre Midfield 6
7 Graham Paterson Centre Midfield 6
8 Adam Turner Right Wing 6
9 Graham Kelly Striker 8
10 Mikey Patterson Striker 6
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 7





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Robbie Armstrong on for R.Purves 45 mins 6
14 Luke Turner on for G.Paterson 65 mins 6
15 Jordan Blaikie on for J.Stobie 80 mins 5
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 3 - 4



Scorers : G.Kelly (2), L.Turner



Assists : R.Armstrong, G.Kelly, M.Todd



Bookings : 1



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside suffered a league defeat against Stow on Saturday to leave them pointless near the foot of the table.


It couldn't have started any worse for the home team going a goal down within the first few minutes. A scuffed shot by Gass was picked up by H. Steele and he shot past Todd from close range.


Stow had the ball in the net again ten minutes later but the effort was chalked off by the referee. Chirnside thought they had equalised soon after but Kelly's shot was cleared off the line, A. Turner's follow up was blocked on the line and Patterson saw his effort deflected wide for a corner.


That was the closest Chirnside came in the first half, Stow could have added to their lead but Todd in the home goal made a number of decent saves.


Five minutes into the second half and Chirnside turned the game around with two quickfire goals scored by Kelly. The first came after a cross from the left was met by the striker at the back post and the second came when he met a long kick from Todd to stroke the ball past the advancing keeper.


Ten minutes later Stow got back on level terms when a deflected cross bounced in the six yard box and J. Steele was first on hand to loop a header over the top of Todd and into the net.


The away side went back into the lead on the hour mark when manager Young met a corner from the right and he angled his header into the roof of the net. Chirnside's Paterson nearly put the ball into his own net but the the ball came back off the bar and away to safety.


With 20 minutes to go Stow added a fourth when Crawford stabbed home from close range. Chirnside pulled a goal back with a neat finish from L. Turner just inside the box to ensure a tense finish. The closest the home team came to salvaging a point was a free-kick from Armstrong but his effort went just over the bar and the match ended with Chirnside still looking for their first league points of the season.