Date : 20th September 2014



Opposition : Gala Fairydean Rovers



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Martin Todd Goalkeeper 8
2 Graham Patterson Right Back 7
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 8
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 8
6 Ryan Purves Centre Midfield 8
7 Graham Kelly Centre Midfield 7
8 Adam Turner Right Wing 7
9 Robbie Armstrong Striker 7
10 Mikey Patterson Striker 7
11 Adam Smith Left Wing 7





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Keir Blaikie on for Graham Kelly 75 mins 6
14 Joe Condy on for Mikey Patterson 70 mins 6
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 1 - 3



Scorers : Duncan Morrison



Assists : Robbie Armstrong



Bookings : 1



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside United 1 – Gala Rovers 3


Too little, to late, for Chirnside this week in the game against Gala Rovers. After conceding three rather soft goals in the first half of the game it was going to be a big ask to come back from that. Indeed if it hadn’t been for Chirnside Keeper Martin Todd making two point blank saves and saving a penalty, the game could have been all over by half time.


A poor header from Jamie Stobie gifted Gala their first goal after 10 minutes. Their second arrived from the penalty spot after a great through ball from their mid fielder split the Chirnside defence wide open, to allow their centre forward to go through on goal but was brought to an abrupt halt by Keeper Todd, resulting in a penalty from which they scored. Robert Armstrong had a chance to pull a goal back but the Keeper saved at the near post, Adam Turner had another chance after he had a shot from the corner of the box which grazed the bar.


The Chirnside Keeper pulled off two great saves and also saved a penalty to keep the score at 2 – nil. Gala did get a third goal from a long range shot which hit one of their own players and rebounded to the feet of another of their players to tap home. Graham Kelly had the miss of the match when he went on a solo run and beat three players but ended up toe poking the ball past the post.


Chirnside had most of the second half and they got a goal back from a Duncan Morrison header from an inch perfect free kick from Armstrong. Adam Smith went close with a shot which grazed the post, Stevie Christie just headed over from a corner, Graham Kelly struck a great shot from 20 yards which was well saved by the Keeper, Keir Blaikie had two long range efforts which went close, a goal mouth scramble resulted in the Gala Keeper saving the ball on the line and with 5 minutes left Adam Turner struck the side netting from a shot from an acute angle but all this to no avail as Gala held on to win the game 3 – 1.