Date : 29th October 2011



Opposition : Tweeddale Rovers



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Johnny Cowe Goalkeeper 6
2 Leigh Wood Right Back 6
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Dod Blaikie Sweeper 6
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Keir Blaikie Centre Midfield 6
7 Graham Kelly Centre Midfield 6
8 Greg McCrudden Right Wing 6
9 Jocky Turner Striker 6
10 Aidan Lauder Striker 6
11 Tom Ireland Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Martin Donaldson on for G.McCrudden 75 mins 4
14 Kevin Strachan on for T.Ireland 75 mins 4
15 Duncan Morrison on for J.Turner 65 mins 4
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 1 - 2



Scorers : J.Turner



Bookings : 1



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside’s inconsistent form continued as they failed to capitalise on the previous weeks win by turning in a lackluster performance away to Tweeddale Rovers.


On a blustery day in Peebles Chirnside started the game well and were the better team for the first ten minutes. They should have taken the lead when some good play by Turner and K.Blaikie saw Lauder through on goal with only the keeper to beat, however the youngster made a mess of the finish when the square ball to Kelly for an open goal tap in may have been the better option.


This proved to be Chirnside’s only real chance of the game as Tweeddale began to get a foothold in the game and had the lion’s share of possession. However clear cut chances were pretty non existent and it was going to take a mistake from either side to produce a goal. That is exactly what happed, Chirnside made a hash of clearing the ball resulting in D.Blaikie mis-controlling the ball allowing the Tweeddale player to score from close range. The homesides lead lasted ten minutes, when the Tweeddale centre half like many centre half’s before him was failing to handle Turner in the air and ended up coming through the back of him 25 yards from goal giving away a freekick. Turner dusted himself down and nestled the ball into the top corner of the net to even up the scores. For the remainder of the half Tweeddale continued to have the lions share of possession but goal scoring chances were non-existent.


HT 1-1


Tweeddale began the second half again with the majority of possession, but it was from a set piece that they came close to scoring with the Tweeddale player seeing his header come back off the crossbar. Chirnside then had a half chance to score also but Turner saw his shot go past the post from the edge of the box.


The homeside continued to have most of the possession with Chirnside not marking or following runners. Tweeddale continued to find chances hard to come by as the Chirnside defence held firm and resorted to shooting from the edge of the box rarely troubling Cowe in the Chirnside goal.


With game going into the last ten minutes Chirnside had a half chance to score but K.Blaikie saw his header drift over the bar from 6 yards after a long throw from Donaldson. The homeside then got the winning goal with 6 minutes left when some slack marking down the right allowed the ball to be laid into the striker who played a good pass through to his strike partner who shot past Cowe.


Chirnside did have one last half chance to score when a flick on by Morrison was met by Kelly but again the header drifted over the bar.


Tweeddale probably just deserved their victory on balance of play but Chirnside will need to improve dramatically when they take on Gala Rovers at home this week.


FT 2-1