Date : 1st October 2011



Opposition : West Barns Star



Competition : Border Cup



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Johnny Cowe Goalkeeper 7
2 Tom Ireland Right Back 7
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Craig Dishington Sweeper 7
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Graham Kelly Centre Midfield 7
7 Keir Blaikie Centre Midfield 7
8 Greg McCrudden Right Wing 7
9 Jack Windram Striker 7
10 Aidan Lauder Striker 7
11 Kevin Strachan Left Wing 7





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Connor Lough on for G.McCrudden 60 mins 5
14 Dod Blaikie . .
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 3 - 1



Scorers : J.Windram (2), A.Lauder



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside eventually got their first victory of the season when they beat West Barns in the Quarter Final of the Border Cup at Comrades Park on Saturday.


The home team knew there had to be a vast improvement from the previous weekends display if they were to progress to the next round. Ireland and Kelly returned to the team with Lough dropping down to the bench and Young out injured in the only two changes from the game against Hawick Legion.


Chirnside started off the game well and Windram and Lauder were looking dangerous up front with good service coming from out wide. After 10 minutes Chirnside took a deserved lead when Windram finished well following good work by McCrudden. The home team continued to threaten and Strachan had a few long range efforts well saved by the West Barns keeper.


The away team thought they had got the equaliser but Cowe made a great one handed save following a flowing move down the left flank. However it was the home team that added number two on the half hour mark when Lauder's left foot shot from inside the box crept into the net.


The second half kicked off and Chirnside knew if they could get the next goal they surely would be able to hold on for their maiden victory of the season. Windram duly delivered that goal ten minutes into the half finishing well after being put through one on one with the keeper.


Chirnside continued to look dangerous on the break as West Barns tried to pile on the pressure. The away team were rewarded with a consolation goal ten minutes from the end when the central midfielder's well placed diving header beat Cowe in the Chirnside goal. Before the end Chirnside should have added a fourth but Kelly put his shot wide after rounding the keeper.