Date : 3rd September 2011



Opposition : Hawick Waverley



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Duncan Morrison Goalkeeper 5
2 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
3 Jamie Stobie Centre Half 6
4 Dod Blaikie Sweeper 6
5 Craig Dishington Centre Midfield 6
6 Tom Ireland Centre Midfield 6
7 Keir Blaikie Centre Midfield 6
8 Greg McCrudden Right Wing 6
9 Connor Lough Striker 6
10 Aidan Lauder Striker 6
11 Chris Young Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Kevin Strachan on for D.Morrison 65 mins 4
14 Jack Windram on for G.McCrudden 80 mins 4
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 3 - 6



Scorers : K.Blaikie, A.Lauder, C.Lough



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside travelled to Hawick on Saturday with no recognised Goalkeeper in the squad and veteran Paul Cowe had left to re-join his former club Coldstream.


Morrison took over between the sticks and his first job was to pick the ball out the back of the net. A ball from the right was taken down by the striker and he slotted the ball home with ease.


Chirnside though hit back almost immediately when Blaikie scored with a beauty of a left foot shot into the top corner of the net. The away team then added a second minutes later when Lauder went clean through and he finished well from a tight angle. Lauder then should have made it three but mis-hit his shot when clean through on goal.


Barely ten minutes had gone and the fourth goal went in. A cross from the right saw the Waverley midfielder ghost in at the back post to head past Morrison.


Waverley then regained the lead when a free-kick from wide on the right sailed over Morrison into the top corner. Chirnside never gave up though and equalised again when Christie's header was poked home by Lough.


Before half-time Hawick scored an identical goal to their second with the left midfielder heading home unopposed at the back post.


Fifteen minutes into the second half Chirnside lost their stand-in keeper Morrison when he injured himself diving down bravely to deny the striker a shot on goal. Ireland took over in goal and one of the first things he had to do was attempt to save a penalty after Dishington brought down the Waverley striker. Luck was not on his side however as the striker blasted the penalty down the middle through his legs.


The scoring was complete with 20 minutes to go when a cut back from the left was smashed into the top of the net to give the left midfielder his hat-trick. Chirnside had chances to reduce the deficit but Windram and Lauder both missed good opportunities.