Date : 30th August 2011



Opposition : West Barns Star



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Johnny Cowe Goalkeeper 7
2 Paul Cowe Right Back 6
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 6
4 Stevie Christie Sweeper 7
5 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 6
6 Chris Youg Centre Midfield 6
7 Keir Blaikie Centre Midfield 7
8 Tom Ireland Right Wing 6
9 Connor Lough Striker 6
10 Aidan Lauder Striker 6
11 Jack Windram Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Kevin Strachan on for J.Windram 70 mins 4
14 Jocky Turner on for C.Lough 75 mins 4
15 Greg McCrudden on for A.Lauder 80 mins 4
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 3 - 4



Scorers : C.Young (pen), K.Blaikie 2



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside took on West Barns on Tuesday night still looking for their first points of the season.


It was the home team who took the early initiative when they were awarded a penalty in the opening five minutes. Captain Young made no mistake from the spot. On the quarter hour mark Chirnside then thought they should have been awarded another penalty but the referee adjudged that striker Lauder had dived much to the amazement of the players and supporters from both sides.


West Barns then came more into the game and a header from there Centre Half crashed back off the under side of the bar. The home team made it two however moments later when Blaikie rounded the keeper to roll the ball home from close range.


Just before half time the away side pulled a goal back when the central midfielder was left unmarked to volley home from a corner.


Despite having the better of the first half the home team would have felt aggrieved to go in just one goal up. The second half kicked off with West Barns looking hungrier and it was no surprise that after 50 minutes the equaliser arrived. A cross from the right was headed home unopposed at the back post.


They then took the lead for the first time in the game when slack marking allowed the striker to go through one on one with keeper Cowe. Despite saving the first effort there was nothing he could do with the rebound.


After going behind Chirnside replied almost immediately and it was Blaikie again this time smashing home a left foot effort past the helpless keeper.


Both teams were now looking for the winner and it looked as though the next goal was going to be vital. It was the away team who dually obliged with fifteen minutes left, a poor clearance from the home defence allowed the West Barns midfielder to blast home a first time shot from 25 yards giving Cowe no chance in the Chirnside goal.