Date : 14th May 2011



Opposition : Hawick Waverley



Competition : Beveridge Cup



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Sufi Omari Goalkeeper 7
2 Paul Cowe Right Back 6
3 Leigh Wood Left Back 6
4 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
5 Graham Kelly Centre Midfield 6
6 Chris Young Centre Midfield 6
7 Jack Windram Right Wing 6
8 Dod Blaikie Striker 6
9 Robbie Armstrong Striker 6
10 Adam Turner Striker 6
11 Jamie Stobie Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Pete Morrison . .
14 . . .
15 . . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 2 - 4



Scorers : R.Armstrong (2)



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside took on Waverley in this Beveridge Cup tie with the bare bones of a squad due to injuries and player unavailability.


They were also dealt another blow prior to kick off when striker Lauder informed manager Blaikie that he'd played for Hawick Royal Albert the weekend before so he now can not play for 14 days. Blaikie took his place up front with veteran Pete Morrison the only named substitute.


Hawick started off the game the sharper of the two and were first to every ball as the away team looked sluggish in the opening exchanges. However things began to look up for the men in green when Waverley's keeper was sent off after taking Armstrong clean out when he was through on goal. Young blazed the resulting free-kick over the bar not troubling the left-back who had taken over the keeping duties.


Being down to ten men didn't seem to deter the home team and they took the lead five minutes later when their striker volleyed home with his left foot. Chirnside with the man extra tried to come more into the game but were struggling to cause the home defence any problems.


They did eventually make the breakthrough with ten minutes of the half remaining when Armstrong finished of a neat move with a clinical finish.


The second half kicked off and within minutes Chirnside should have made it two but Armstrong blazed the ball over the bar with just the keeper to beat. Hawick were always looking dangerous on the break and they went back into the lead when a cross from the right was side-footed home by an onrushing midfielder. They then made it three following a mix up in the defence the right winger shot past stand-in keeper Omari at his near post.


Chirnside had chances to reduce the deficit but an A. Turner volley from six yards out was well blocked by the keeper. G.Kelly was also put clean through but the centre half made a last gasp challenge to block his shot.


Waverley made it four and the game safe when another cross from the right was diverted into his own net by Cowe. Armstong did pull another goal back for the away team but it was too little too late.