Date : 12th March 2011



Opposition : Gordon



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Stuart Black Goalkeeper 7
2 Leigh Wood Right Back 6
3 Paul Cowe Left Back 6
4 Dod Blaikie Sweeper 6
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Duncan Morrison Centre Midfield 7
7 Chris Young Centre Midfield 6
8 Jack Windram Right Wing 6
9 Graham Kelly Striker 6
10 Jordan Lauder Striker 6
11 Kevin Strachan Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Robbie Armstrong On for J.Windram 70 mins 5
14 Adam Turner On for G.Kelly 80 mins 4
15 Jamie Stobie . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 1 - 1



Scorers : J.Lauder (pen)



Bookings : 2



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside came from a goal down to earn a draw away to Gordon. A scrappy game with only a handful of chances ensured that the points were shared.


Chirnside began the stronger of the two teams and for the first 15 minutes of the game had the Gordon defence pinned back on the edge of their own box, but despite the pressure Chirnside failed to create any clear cut opportunities. Gordon soon came into the game and on the twenty minute mark had a good chance to score but the striker made a mess of it in front of goal. Gordon continued to press and were now enjoying the lions share of possession. The home team however also found it difficult to create any clear cut chances and much of their shots were from long range but the in form Black in the Chirnside goal had no problem dealing with these.


Gordon finally got a goal from the pressure they were having. A corner was swung in and was met by the midfielder for a powerful header which was finely saved by Black but from the resulting rebound Gordon were quickest to react and managed to prod the goal into the net.


Chirnside picked up for the remaining ten minutes of the half but again found that only long range efforts on the goal were the best they could create.


HT 1-0


Chirnside began the second half in more determined fashion and immediately put the Gordon back line under pressure. Gordon found it was their turn to struggle to get any fluency into their play as Chirnside pressed for the equaliser. Following the same pattern as the first half, clear cut chances were again few and far between with Chirnside resorting to long range efforts. Chirnside finally got the equaliser when some good work on the edge of the box saw Young burst into the box only to be bundled over after a coming together with his marker. A penalty was awarded and Lauder stepped up and buried it low to the keepers left hand side.


Chirnside were now in the ascendancy and should have went two one up when Kelly was sent clean through on goal with the keeper to beat but the big striker managed to miss the goals completely and the chance was gone. However the big striker was soon sent through on goal again where he was one on one with the keeper, only to be completely up ended in the box. If there were concerns about the first penalty being soft there was certainly no concerns over this one but the referee thought otherwise and waved play on.


Both sides tried hard to get the winner but with both team restricted to further long range wayward efforts the score remained the same and the points were shared.


FT 1-1