Date : 12th February 2011



Opposition : Duns Amateurs



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Stuart Black Goalkeeper 5
2 Leigh Wood Right Back 6
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Stevie Christie Centre Half 6
5 Paul Cowe Centre Half 6
6 Duncan Morrison Centre Midfield 6
7 Kieran Blaikie Centre Midfield 6
8 Robbie Armstrong Right Wing 5
9 Graham Kelly Striker 4
10 Jordan Lauder Striker 6
11 Chris Young Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Adam Turner on for Graham Kelly 35 mins 5
14 Jack Windram on for Robbie Armstrong 70 mins 4
15 Martin Donaldson . .
16 Kevin Strachan . .
17 Jocky Turner . .




Score : 0 - 2



Scorers : None



Bookings : 2



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside travelled the short distance to take on local rival Duns in a league fixture hoping to avenge the South Cup defeat a few weeks earlier.


The game started off with the home team on the ascendency almost immediately. Their midfield quartet were passing the ball around well in the heavy conditions and Chirnside were chasing shadows for the first quarter of the game. The first chance of the game fell to the Duns right winger but his shot hit the side netting. However the opening goal wasn't long in coming. A long ball from the back was controlled first time by the left back and he was allowed to cut inside to fire past Black from 20 yards.


Chirnside had to up their game or were in danger of being out of the game by half time. Kelly nearly got them back on level terms but after being put clean through his right foot shot also hit the side netting. That was to be his last contribution of the game after he was injured following a collision with the Duns keeper and he was replaced by A. Turner.


Duns nearly made it two on the half hour mark but a free-kick from 25 yards out came back off Black's crossbar and away to safety. With five minutes of the half to go though the home team did double their advantage. A fairly harmless looking shot from the Duns striker was fumbled by Black in the Chirnside goal and the home central midfielder was the quickest to react firing a low shot into the net.


The second half kicked off with Chirnside kicking down the slope and they knew they had to lift their game considerably if they wanted to take anything from this game. Ten minutes into the half they thought they had the lifeline they needed but Young fired way over the bar with the goal at his mercy. The away team were now putting more pressure on the Duns back four but still chances were few and far between apart from a few wild long range efforts.


The away team thought they shouldve been awarded a penalty 20 minutes from the end when A. Turner looked to have been bundled off the ball by the Centre Half but the referee waved play on with the ball coming back off the Duns post to safety.


Substitute Windram also should have done better after being played clean through by Stobie but he missed the target with his left foot. Duns always looked dangerous on the break but Black was rarely troubled again as the game ended in another win for the league leaders.