Date : 20th November 2010



Opposition : Linton Hotspur



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Stuart Black Goalkeeper 7
2 Leigh Wood Right Back 7
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 8
4 Dod Blaikie Sweeper 7
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 8
6 Duncan Morrison Centre Midfield 8
7 Kieran Blaikie Centre Midfield 7
8 Robbie Armstrong Right Wing 8
9 Graham Kelly Striker 7
10 Jocky Turner Striker 7
11 Chris Young Left Wing 8





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Martin Donaldson on for K.Blaikie 75 mins 4
14 Jack Windram on for G.Kelly 75 mins 4
15 Adam Turner . .
16 Kevin Strachan . .
17 . . .




Score : 5 - 2



Scorers : J.Turner (3), G.Kelly, J.Windram



Bookings : 3



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside welcomed Linton Hotpsur to Comrades Park on Saturday in what was the first ever meeting of the two sides in the Second Round Of the South Cup.


The home side started off well and were looking to build on their morale boosting victory over Hawick Waverley the previous weekend. Conditions were cold and wet for players and supporters alike but Turner converted an early penalty to give the home crowd something to cheer about after the Linton Keeper had pulled down a pale faced Armstrong.


The away team then came more into the game and their Centre Forward was unlucky to see his shot come back off the post with Black beaten. Hotspur then had a goal disallowed after the same player had strayed slightly offside.


Chirnside then hit number two on the counter-attack. Stobie won the ball in midfield and played through G. Kelly, he showed great composure to curl in a left footed shot from the edge of the box to leave the Linton Keeper helpless.


The second half kicked off with the home team again taking command. Within ten minutes of the restart number three was added when Turner ran clean through and blasted a trade mark left foot drive into the roof of the net.


Morrison should have added number four a few minutes later but after being put through one on one but the Keeper managed to block his shot from close range. After that Chirnside went to sleep and let Hotspur back into the game. Their first goal arrived on the hour mark when the Right Winger blasted a shot past Black at his near post. They then scored another ten minutes later when Chirnside took a quick free-kick which was cut out. A ball was played through for the Striker who out paced the home Defence to slot the ball under Black to put them right back into the game.


This gave the home team the wake up call they needed and they were awarded another penalty after Young was scythed down in the box. Turner scored again to complete his hat-trick in what was his first start of the season.


Chirnside completed the scoring with ten minutes to go when Windram who came on as a substitute scored with his first touch after the Keeper had parried a Turner shot.


Chirnside now take on local rivals Duns in the Third Round in what will be an eagerly awaited contest.