Date : 16th October 2010



Opposition : Greenlaw



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Stuart Black Goalkeeper 7
2 Dod Blaikie Sweeper 7
3 Jamie Stobie Centre Half 7
4 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 7
5 Martin Donaldson Right Wing 6
6 Jocky Turner Centre Midfield 6
7 Leigh Wood Centre Midfield 6
8 Kieran Blaikie Striker 6
9 Dan Romanes Striker 6
10 Kevin Strachan Right Wing 7
11 Chris Young Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Adam Turner on for K.Blaikie 70 mins 5
14 Ryan Purves on for M.Donaldson 80 mins 4
15 Chris Cowe . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 4 - 1



Scorers : K.Strachan, A.Turner, J.Turner, D.Romainis



Bookings : 1



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside took victory again against Greenlaw this week in the league. The home side were forced into 2 changes from last week with Christie and Armstrong missing but Donaldson declared himself fit despite concerns about his hamstrings. Long term absentee Cowe is still sidelined following his recent illness, but hopes to be back in training this coming week.


Chirnside started the strongly with J.Turner and Wood pulling the strings in midfield as the home side sprayed the ball about comfortably. First chance of the game fell to Romainis but he saw his header fly wide of the target after a cross from Young. The same pair then combined again but once again a poor header from Romainis kept the scores level. Chirnside were now well on top and soon opened the scoring on the 20 minute mark when a quick counter attack involving Morrison, Romainis and K.Blaikie released Strachan through on goal who rounded the keeper and slotted home from and acute angle to make it 1-0. Instead of capitalising on this, Chirnside slumped into some sloppy play that has been starting to appear at certain points during the game in recent weeks with lack of marking and easy passing being the main problems. However despite the home sides sloppy form Greenlaw could not get back in the game and failed to trouble the Chirnside goal.


HT 1-0


Chirnside began the second half in much the same fashion as they had begun the first and went immediately on the front foot to try and increase their lead. In a crazy 10 minute spell from the restart Chirnside managed to miss four sitters in goal due some good goal keeping and lack of concentration. Almost immediately from the kick-off Turner went through on goal but instead of opting to shoot he decide to try and square the ball to K.Blaikie but the pass was to heavy and Blaikie couldn’t connect. Next up Blaikie himself had a great chance to score after a mix up in the Greenlaw defence but from 6 yards out he saw his shot saved by a good reaction stop from the Greenlaw keeper. Turner then missed a great chance after the ball fell kindly for him after a challenge with the keeper but the big striker took too long to shoot into the open net and the keeper recovered. Finally with ten minutes gone in the second half K.Blaikie had another good chance to score but this time he blasted straight at the keeper.


After this first ten minutes of the half had passed Chirnside’s concentration again started letting them down as they allowed Greenlaw to come back into the match. However in the same pattern as the first half occurred with Greenlaw unable to capitalise on the slack play from Chirnside and they once again failed to put the defence under any sort of pressure.


Chirnside then introduced youngster A.Turner who made an immediate impact. With more or less his first touch of the ball he raced through on goal after a flick on from Wood and tucked the ball away to double Chirnside’s lead. The third goal was not long in coming when a poor back pass by the Greenlaw defender saw J.Turner run in behind the defence to round the keeper to score goal number three.


Chirnside then completed the scoring when a corner from A.Turner failed to be cleared by the man at the front post and the ball landed at Romainis’s feet for a simple tap in. Finally, with the last kick of the ball Greenlaw scored a penalty after Purves making his comeback from injury was adjudged have brought down the striker in the box.


FT 4-1