Date : 5th December 2009



Opposition : Greenlaw



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Stuart Black Goalkeeper 7
2 John McCutcheon Right Back 7
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Duncan Morrison Sweeper 7
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Andrew Ponder Centre Midfield 7
7 Brian Stuart Centre Midfield 6
8 Steven Shennan Right Wing 6
9 Jordan Lauder Striker 6
10 Jocky Turner Striker 6
11 Chris Young Left Wing 6





No. Name Comments Rating
12 Mark Hume on for J.Lauder 80 mins 4
14 Robbie Armstrong . .
15 Kevin Strachan . .
16 . . .
17 . . .




Score : 1 - 1



Scorers : J.Lauder



Bookings : 0



Sendings off : 0






Chirnside’s early season problem of missing guilt edge chances returned as they blew the chance to run out what should have been a comfortable win, instead having to settle for a draw.


The game started out pretty even with both team not taking any risks. Once the game settled down Chirnside began to find their attacking mode which had gave them plenty of goals in the previous 4 matches. Chirnside had a half chance on the 15 minute mark but some good defending and good goal keeping prevented Turner from scoring. Greenlaw then also had a half chance from long range but Black in the Chirnside goal saved well down to his left.


Chirnside were now into the swing of things and the chances were now starting to flow thick and fast, Lauder missed a couple of one on ones, Shennan was unlucky from long range and the Greenlaw keeper made two excellent saves from Turner when he looked odds on favourite to score. It was now pretty much one way traffic in favour of the home team.


Chirnside finally opened the scoring when a good cross field ball from Young found Shennan who then chipped the ball to the back post for Lauder to head home. Chirnside continued to press for a second and thought they had it but the goal was chalked off after Stuart was adjudged to have been interfering with play while standing in an offside position. Turner then had a chance to score but the big striker rattled the top of the crossbar from 10 yards. Ponder then thought he was on the score sheet again when he broke through Greenlaw defence and chipped the keeper, but again the referee wrongly gave the offside decision and the score remained 1 nil. Chirnside continued to press for another for the remainder of the half but found some good goalkeeping and stubborn defending in their way.


HT 1-0


Chirnside began the second half looking to increase their lead. In much the same pattern it was Chirnside doing the majority of the attacking. The first chance of the second half arrived to Turner but again he saw his goal bound effort turned over the bar from the Greenlaw keeper. Chirnside kept attacking but could not find a way to score that all important second goal. Chirnside then had what were two of the best chances of the game when Shennan twice went one on one with the keeper; the usually composed finisher blasted his shots straight at the keeper when placement would have been the better option.


Greenlaw survived this scare and gradually came into the game and for a ten minute spell were the better but failed to have any real shots on target. However then with 15 minutes left Greenlaw equalised after a couple of deflections saw the ball end up at the back post to be bundled over the line. Chirnside continued to try and get the winner but again Greenlaw put bodies on the line as the ball was cleared from the goal mouth on numerous occasions. Chirnside then should have scored in the dying minutes but Turner managed to head over from close range with the keeper beaten.


FT 1-1