have a junior team, the Chirnside Colts.">





Date : 25th October 2008



Opposition : Leithen Rovers



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 8
2 Jamie Stobie Right Back 7
3 David Lough Left Back 7
4 Mark Hume Sweeper 7
5 Stevie Christie Centre Half 7
6 Brian Stuart Centre Midfield 7
7 Duncan Morrison Centre Midfield 7
8 Steven Shennan Right Wing 8
9 Jocky Turner Striker 7
10 Andrew Ponder Striker 7
11 Chris Young Left Wing 7




No. Name Comments Rating
12 Des McKinnon on for A.Ponder 80 mins 4
14 Paul Johnson . .
15 Jordan Lauder on for C.Young 70 mins 5
16 Jack Windram on for J.Turner 65 mins 5
17 . . .



Score : 4 - 0


Scorers : A.Ponder, J.Turner, O.G, J.Lauder


Bookings : 1


Sendings off : 0





Chirnside entertained the unbeaten Leithen Rovers in the League at a wind swept Comrades Park on Saturday.


The home team kicked off proceedings with the gale force wind behind them. From the start it was clear to see that conditions would not allow free flowing football and both teams struggled in the opening exchanges. The first chance of the game fell to the Rovers Striker but his shot from 18 yards was well smothered by Luggett in the Chirnside goal.


As the half wore on Chirnside with new signing Brian Stuart in the team gradually began to create the better chances. With 10 minutes to go till half time Ponder followed up his initial shot which the keeper saved to give the homesters a one nil lead.


Chirnside knew they had their work cut out in the second half as the wind appeared to be getting even stronger and they had the first chance of the second half but Young's effort went wide of the post.


Number two wasn't that long in coming and Turner showed the Defender a clean pair of heels to blast the ball home from 12 yards. The third arrived five minutes later with Young's effort being inadvertantly turned into his own net by the Rovers Centre Half.


The home team knew they had the points in the bag now and victory was sealed fifteen minutes from time when another new signing Lauder scored with his first touch after a cross from Shennan on the right.


With five minutes remaining Leithen were reduced to 10 men when their substitute was sent off for two bookings in quick succession.