Date : 19th April 2008



Opposition : Hawick Legion



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 6
2 Paul Johnson Right Back 6
3 Duncan Morrison Left Back 6
4 Mark Hume Sweeper 6
5 Steven Christie Centre Half 6
6 Gary Logan Centre Midfield 8
7 Andrew Ponder Centre Midfield 7
8 Steven Shennan Right Wing 6
9 Graeme Turner Striker 7
10 Graham Kelly Striker 5
11 Chris Young Left Wing 7




No. Name Comments Rating
12 David Heads on for G.Turner 45 mins 6
14 Kevin Strachan . .
15 Jack Windram on for G.Kelly 75 mins 5
16 Leigh Wood . .
17 Stuart Kelly on for P.Johnson 80 mins 3



Score : 2 - 2


Scorers : G.Logan, S.Shennan


Bookings : 0


Sendings off : 0





Chirnside drew another league game in a hard fought game away to Hawick Legion.


The men in green started brightly with half chances falling to both Shennan and Turner. Chirnside were playing with a heavy tail wind down the steep hill but this seemed to be more of a hindrance than an advantage with a number of through ball continuously running away from the front two.


However the papermakers did manage to take the lead when the ball spun up in the air for Logan to arrive and drive a downward header into the back of the net on 10 mins. Chirnside continued to press and another chance came their way when the ball broke kindly for Turner but his shot was blocked in the 6 yard box.


Hawick Legion now started to come into and they equalised when Morrison and Hume failed to deal with a free kick in the blustery conditions and the ball broke to a Legion player to tap the ball home.


Legion were now well on top and were playing some good football into the wind. They were unlucky not to take the lead on 3 occasions but poor finishing ensured the scores stayed level.


HT 1-1


The second half began with Chirnside going straight on the attack and playing into the wind seemed to suit them.


The first chance of the half fell to Shennan but his tame effort was saved easily by the home side keeper. Chirnside were now well on top and had Hawick Legion pinned in their own half. Good chances were now coming thick and fast for Chirnside but some poor finishing from Shennan, Heads and Kelly kept the score level. The unthinkable happened when against the run of play Hawick Legion broke up the pitch and scored with 15 minutes remaining.


This did not deter Chirnside and the pushed forward at every opportunity and with 7 minutes remaining Chirnside were awarded a penalty when Shennan was up ended in the box and the striker regained his composure to slot the penalty home.


Chirnside pushed for the winner but some good goalkeeping and brave tackling by the home side ensured that a point was gained by both sides.