Date : 10th November 2007



Opposition : Hawick Waverley



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 6
2 Jamie Stobie Right Back 6
3 Paul Johnson Left Back 5
4 Mark Hume Sweeper 8
5 Steven Christie Centre Half 7
6 Andrew Ponder Centre Midfield 7
7 Steven Shennan Centre Midfield 6
8 Jack Windram Right Wing 6
9 Graeme Turner Striker 7
10 Graham Kelly Striker 6
11 Gary Logan Left Wing 6




No. Name Comments Rating
12 Stuart Kelly on for P. Johnson 45 mins 6
14 Des McKinnon on for G.Kelly 20 mins 5
15 Chris Young . .
16 . . .
17 . . .



Score : 3 - 1


Scorers : G.Kelly, A.Ponder, G.Turner


Bookings : 0


Sendings off : 0





Chirnside played there first game home game for a while and were pleased to come away with a win even though not playing brilliantly. The game started in frantic fashion with Chirnside going immediately on the attack. They were rewarded with the early pressure when Stobie made a good tackle on the edge of the Waverley box and laid it off to G.Kelly who placed a good left foot shot low in to the bottom left corner from 18 yards out. The game then settled down after the first frantic 10 mins with neither side really creating many chances. Chirnside were then dealt a blow when goal scorer Kelly was found crumpled on the ground in the centre of the pitch with a foot injury. It was then later revealed that he had broken a metatarsal bone in his foot.


Hawick then had there best spell of the half but the Chirnside back line held firm and dealt with everything that was thrown at them. Turner then had a half chance for Chirnside but the big striker could wrap his foot round the ball from a tight angle. Turner was then to turn provider for Shennan when a good through ball found Shennan unmarked heading for the goal but a bad first touch saw the chance disappear. McKinnon the replacement for Kelly then had a great chance to score when this time Shennan played through a good pass but again the first touch was poor and the angle tightened up and the chance was gone.


HT 1-0


Chirnside were then dealt another injury blow when they lost the experienced Paul Johnson to a knee injury. The first 15 minutes of the half saw Hawick apply a bit of pressure and they were rewarded for their efforts when a ricochet in a tackle saw the ball land kindly for the striker and he gladly rounded the keeper to score the equaliser.


This woke Chirnside up and within 5 minutes they had taken the lead when a well worked a short corner resulted in the ball landing a the feet of Ponder who blasted the ball into the roof of the net. Chirnside then had Lugget to thank for keeping them in the lead when he made a great save when the back line was caught flat and the striker went clean through on goal. Chirnside then extended their lead further when good work by Stobie and McKinnon created a chance for Turner and he stuck the ball home to make it 3-1.Chirnside could have went further ahead but Windram had two chance blocked on the line and Turner and Shennan were guilty of missing even easier Chances.


FT 3-1