Date : 3rd February 2007



Opposition : Hawick Legion Rovers



Competition : Waddel Cup



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 7
2 Jamie Stobie Right Back 7
3 Chris Young Left Back 6
4 Mark Hume Sweeper 6
5 Duncan Morrison Centre Half 6
6 Mark Bolton Centre Midfield 6
7 Andrew Ponder Centre Midfield 6
8 Steven Shennan Right Wing 6
9 Jack Windram Striker 6
10 Graeme Turner Striker 6
11 David Heads Left Wing 7




No. Name Comments Rating
12 Stuart Kelly On for J.Stobie 75 mins 5
14 Chris Cowe On for S.Shennan half time 5
15 Craig Dishington On for G.Turner 50 mins 5
16 . . .



Score : 12 - 0


Scorers : D.Heads 2, M.Bolton 2, S.Shennan 2, J.Windram 2, C.Cowe, D.Morrison, A.Ponder, Own Goal


Bookings : 1


Sendings off : 0





Chirnside started this game looking to put behind them dissappointment of last weekends South Cup defeat to Langholm. Chirnside started with the kick off playing towards the changing rooms and they immediately went on the attack scoring the first goal within 80 seconds when Stobie played a ball through the channel to Turner who then fired a delightful cross into the box where D.Heads was arriving to blast the ball home.


From here on in it was wave after wave of attacks by the same side and the second goal soon arrived when Shennan ran clear to put the ball past the keeper. The third goal was to arrive soon after when a scramble in the oppositions six yard box saw Windram stab the ball home from close range. Heads then hit the post with a wonderful drive after goodwork by Bolton and Windram. After numerous attacks Chirnside then added a fourth when a Corner was flighted in by Turner to be met by the Morrison who arrived late in the box to head home unmarked. The fifth goal soon arrived with Shennan blasting home a well struck shot. The sixth goal then arrived when Hume chipped the ball through to Morrison who managed to stab the ball away from the on rushing keeper in to the path of Heads to grab his second of the game and Chirnsides sixth. The next goal arrived just before half time when the away sides defender headed past his own keeper.


Half Time 7-0


The second half began much in the same vein with Chirnside immediately going on the attack with Cowe being introduced in place of Shennan. Cowe was involved straight away and he fired in a cross that was flicked on by Turner to Heads who was unlucky not to score. Bolton then got on the score sheet when he finished of a good move by dribbling the ball into the net. Chirnside then were awarded a penalty which Heads stepped up to take to grab his hatrick but embarrislngly rattled the ball off the crossbar. Windram then got his second of the game by tapping into an empty net after a good move by Bolton. Then Ponder broke away down the right and his shot was then put over the line by Cowe. Ponder then made 11-0 with a breakaway goal and Bolton added a the twelfth goal with a well taken lob from 35 yards.


Midfield man Mark Bolton commented " The game was played in good spirits by both sides today despite the scoreline but I was disappointed not to grab a hat trick after letting Headsy take the penalty to try and get his hat trick, I should of followed my Uncle James example and took it myself.