Date : 2nd December 2006



Opposition : Stow



Competition : League



Location : Home




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 6
2 Stuart Kelly Right Back 5
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 5
4 Duncan Morrison Sweeper 5
5 Gary Logan Centre Half 5
6 Craig Dishington Centre Midfield 5
7 Steven Shennan Right Wing 6
8 Mark Bolton Centre Midfield 5
9 Andrew Ponder Left Wing 5
10 Graeme Turner Striker 6
11 Graham Kelly Striker 6




No. Name Comments Rating
12 Des McKinnon Sub for G.Turner 70 mins 2
14 Jack Windram Sub for A.Ponder 80 mins 2
15 Chris Young Sub for J.Stobie 80 mins 2
16 Chris Cowe . .



Score : 5 - 3


Scorers : G.Kelly, G.Turner 2, S.Shennan 2


Bookings : 0


Sendings off : 0





Chirnside scraped through this league tie with another disappointing home display which seemed to indicate that the Christmas Holidays can’t come quick enough for this set of players. The game started slowly in difficult conditions with neither sides really getting to grips with the blustery wind.


The first breakthrough came for the home side when after a succession of corners G.Kelly managed to head home an A.Ponder cross. Chirnside’s lead however was short lived when some terrible marking from a corner allowed the Stow striker to nod home an equaliser from close range. This then seemed to spur Chirnside on and the home side thought that they had regained the lead 10 minute later when a great run from Shennan resulted in him squaring the ball for G.Kelly to tap in only for the referee to blow for offside.


Chirnside did eventually take the lead just before half time when G.Turner managed to pick up the ball on the edge of the oppositions box and then brilliantly chipped the ball into the top corner of the goal to end his recent run without scoring a goal for 2 months. This allowed Chirnside to go in 2-1 up at the half time whistle.


The second half began in much the same vein with Chirnside having the bulk of the possession and the home side then increased there advantage further when Shennan broke clear of his marker to score his first of the game. The fourth goal for the home side was soon to arrive when Turner was on hand to tap in a cut back from Shennan after some good wing play. To the visitors credit however they never gave up and managed to pull a goal back to make the score 4-2 with twenty minutes remaining.


However with 10 minutes remaining Chirnside scored their fifth of the game when Shennan broke clear and managed to round the keeper before coolly slotting the ball between the posts to grab his second of the game. The away team did manage one more goal when a free kick was flighted in and again the home sides marking was abysmal and the centre forward had a free header which he was able to guide past Lugget in the Chirnside goal.


On this performance Chirnside will need to improve dramatically if they are to avoid missing out on the silverware this season.