Date : 28th October 2006



Opposition : Duns Amateurs



Competition : League



Location : Away




Chirnside Starting Team


No. Name Position Rating
1 Jason Luggett Goalkeeper 7
2 Stuart Kelly Right Back 7
3 Jamie Stobie Left Back 7
4 Duncan Morrison Sweeper 7
5 Gary Logan Centre Half 7
6 Mickey Snowball Centre Midfield 7
7 Andrew Ponder Centre Midfield 6
8 Steven Shennan Right Wing 7
9 Mark Bolton Striker 6
10 Graeme Turner Striker 6
11 Jack Windram Left Wing 7




No. Name Comments Rating
12 David Heads . .
14 Des McKinnon . .
15 Steven Christie . .
16 Chris Young sub for J.Stobie 84 mins 3
17 Chris Cowe sub for S.Kelly 70 mins 4



Score : 2 - 2


Scorers : M.Bolton (pen), S.Shennan


Bookings : 3


Sendings off : None





Chirnside were away for the first local derby of the season on Saturday at Gavinton. Supporters for both sides turned up in their numbers for a fixture that is never short of excitement. The home team settled into their game from the off with Keenan and Brydon passing the ball about well in midfield. However the first chance of the game fell to Chirnside and Bolton smacked a 30 yard free kick off the bar.


After 25 minutes of play neither keeper had really been tested but that changed when Luggett had to look sharp after a snap shot from Reid. The home team took the lead soon after, following a corner kick, D. Brydon drilled a shot into the bottom corner of the net. Chirnside came more into the game and were awarded a penalty on the stroke of half-time after Keenan had impeded Ponder. Bolton stepped up and calmy slotted the ball home.


The second half saw the away team looking the hungrier of the two and it was no surprise after 55 minutes that they took the lead. Shennan played a one two with Turner then rounded the keeper to tap into an empty net. Chirnside looked likely to increase their lead and Bolton and Turner both had efforts just off target.


The home team pushed an extra man up front in their search for an equaliser and with 10 minutes to go following a long clearance they got their reward. Morrison tried to head back to keeper Luggett but he had strayed off his line and the defender inadvertently put into his own net. The last 10 minutes was all Duns pressure but they never found a way through and the game ended up all square.


Striker Jocky Turner said: "At the end we were pretty disappointed not to have taken all three points but if before the game you said we'd get a draw i'd have taken that. You canny beat a stack before the game."